George Vest Triplett was born in Frankfort, Ky., Jan. 30, 1856, and is a son of Robert S. and Louisa M. (Vest) Triplett. When he was two or three years of age the family moved to Louisville, Ky., and soon afterward (which was about the beginning of the war) they came to Owensboro, where they have since made it their home. The subject of this notice has taken a course of study at Transylvania University, and also Central University, Richmond, Ky., finishing both an academic and a law course. His law preceptor was Wm. Chenault, one of the finest instructors of law in America. He was admitted to the bar at Richmond, and on his return to Owensboro he commenced the practice of law in the office of Williams & Brown, remaining there about two years, 1877-‘9, when he became assistant editor of the Examiner. When this paper was consolidated with the Messenger, Mr. Triplett went to Washington City to accept a position on the Daily Post. In the beginning of the summer of 1880, he formed a partnership with Camden Riley, Sr. In August, 1881, he was elected to the Legislature and immediately started the Saturday Post, as above mentioned.
As a lawyer Mr. Triplett still takes such business as will not interfere with the interests of his paper. He is a member of the order of Knights of Pythias, and is still one of “ye jolly bachelors,” whose doings in their club-room (?) he so wittingly writes up in his paper.
Source: History of Daviess County, Kentucky. Chicago: Interstate Publishing Co., 1883. Print.