Registered Distillery #144

#144

Information from insurance underwriter records compiled in 1892 suggest that the distillery property included two frame warehouses with shingle roofs, both 171 ft south of the still. Warehouse B was 12 ft east of A. The still was also frame construction At that time, it was being run by Lancaster & Allen, “late Medcalf & Bray.”

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for this distillery as follows: 1898: Gregson & Gilliland — D, T, W

1898: Medcalf & Bray — T

1901: G W Medcalf — D, T, W

1901: C A Kelley — T, W

1901: Kelley & Medcalf — T, W

1903: C A Kelley — T

1903: G W Medcalf — T, W

1903: G W Medcalf — T

1903: Kelley & Medcalf — T

1904: G W Medcalf — D, T, W

1904: G W Medcalf — T, W

D – Spirits were deposited in the warehouse

T – Spirits were withdrawn upon payment of tax

W – Spirits remained in the warehouse at the close of the year

Source: www.pre-pro.com