The Associational Missionary, A. N. Whittinghill, held a meeting in a tent from April 16 to May 29, 1897, at the Oglesby Coal Mine, about midway between Owensboro and Calhoun and on that road. At the close of the meeting about 34 persons expressed a desire to organize a Church. A location was secured and on June 24, 1897, a Church of 21 members was constituted. Because of her location she took the name of Midway. W. H. Bell was called as the first pastor and J. W. Dorsey elected as the first clerk. The Church became a member of the Association immediately after her organization.
She failed to report to the body in 1898 and in 1899 her name was dropped from the roll as she had voluntarily dissolved. Her nearness to other Baptist Churches and her limited field probably caused the extinction.
Source: A History of the Daviess-McLean Baptist Association in Kentucky, 1844-1943. Wendell H. Rone, Messenger Job Printing Co., Inc., Owensboro, Kentucky, 1944.