Friendly Grove Church was organized for the first time in the year 1845 and became a member of this Association in that year along with the Station, New Hope, and Panther Creek Churches. The Church was located near the Daviess-Hancock County line about five miles northwest of the village of Pellville. The following pastors and clerks were reported to the Association during her membership with this body of Baptists:
|W. W. McEwen||1862-1863|
|W. B. Head||1845-1852|
|J. F. Berry||1853-1854|
|J. F. Head||1855-1858|
|J. F. Berry||1859-1865|
|W. M. Bell||1866-1871|
After the year 1871 the Church never reported to the Association and the name was dropped from the roll of Churches in the year 1875. In the year 1878 the Church became a member of the Blackford Association by statement as she had recently been reorganized. The date of the organization of the Church is given as being 1878 in the Blackford Association minutes, but this is the second organization date.
The membership of this Church ranged from forty-one members in 1853 to seventy-four members in 1857. The last report to the Association, in 1871, gave the membership as being thirty-one. Among the messengers sent to this Association we note the following: J. G. Harrison, ]. F. Head, W. M. Bell, William Midkiff, E. Lambert, A. Midkiff, J. F. Bell, and Hillary Head. The last mentioned brother was ordained to the ministry by this Church and served several Churches in Daviess and Hancock Counties during his life time.
Source: A History of the Daviess-McLean Baptist Association in Kentucky, 1844-1943. Wendell H. Rone, Messenger Job Printing Co., Inc., Owensboro, Kentucky, 1944.