During the year 1910 the Mission Board of the Association established a work near the Fern Hill Coal Company in the Bon Harbor Hill section of Daviess County. A Committee composed of Elders M. J. Cox, N. F. Jones, and W. W. Williams secured a choice lot from the coal company and erected a house of worship at a cost of $430.00. A revival had previously been held in a tent by the missionary, N. F. Jones, which resulted in several conversions and the arousing of interest toward the organization of a Church. This was finally brought about on August 7, 1910, by the above mentioned Committee. Thirty-three members went into the constitution. The Church immediately petitioned the Association for membership and was cordially received and her messengers, John Holland and John Maglinger, were invited to seats in the body. Elder W. W. Williams was called as the first pastor and John Holland elected as the first clerk.
For the year 1911 the church reported the same officers and forty-one members. There was no report for 1912 and in 1913 the Church was dropped from the roll. No reason is given for the action but no doubt the work languished and the Church disbanded. The location of the Church was near the present site of the George H. Rudy Coal Mine.
Source: A History of the Daviess-McLean Baptist Association in Kentucky, 1844-1943. Wendell H. Rone, Messenger Job Printing Co., Inc., Owensboro, Kentucky, 1944.